Sunday, October 16, 2011

#1

We were new in town. Single working mother and her only teenage daughter coming into a very small, tight knit community. From the beginning neither of us fit in, but that didn't stop me from making some friends and getting a boyfriend. He was a nice guy. Not great to look at but so sweet and he had a great sense of humor. The downside? His mother HATED ME!!!! Why, I have no idea.

I was told by some that it was because he was a mama's boy. No matter the reason the relationship was short lived and yes, my fragile teen heart was crushed. Three years later, as a senior, his brother and I, who were friends, were discussing the upcoming Prom. I made a joke since neither of us was in a relationship that we should go together as friends. Sweet as he was there was no real way he could cushion the blow when he told me that if he were to go with me...even as friends, his mother would go nuclear.

Now, I know what you are thinking, that is not so bad of a story and you are right. It is no where near the worst. I just wanted you to get your toes wet before I threw you in the deep end of the pool :)

No comments: